To cultivate a garden is to walk with God, to go hand
in hand with nature in some of her most beautiful
processes, to learn something of her choicest secrets,
and to have a more intelligent interest awakened in
the beautiful order of her works...
Christian Nestell Bovee

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Gardenchat Visit








A week ago Wednesday, Bren @BG_garden and I met for a tweet-up. We had a great time
having breakfast at a restaurant called  Lucky's. They grow their own produce in the summer and buy local.

We then went to some Independent Garden Centers. Bren was happily snapping pictures, while I soaked
up the views.

I purchased this Bromeliad from one of the centers and finally today got around to planting it. I just
wasn't sure if I wanted to plant it under glass or do something different with it. As is the case with me
I decided to go to bed. I get the best ideas in bed. So of course I had to get up because I immediately
thought the plant would look so cute in this tea cup.

My next purchase will be the pitcher plant we saw at Gale's Garden Center. It is so unique! Bren has a picture of it on her blog.

This sweet little plant will be placed in my bedroom near a southern facing window.


Sue

3 comments:

  1. Tweet Ups are so much fun I have enjoyed several and I can wait to tweet up with you soon. I wanted to share this link from our garden designer friend @SassyNancy http://www.manuretea.com/2011/06/manure-tea-helps-extend-bromeliad-bloom-three-plus-months/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris and Annie. I would like to tweet-up with both of you!!

    ReplyDelete